Thursday, November 4, 2010

An unexpected day off

So it's some sort of blog appreciation month where bloggers commit to writing every day, or so I've heard but have not taken the time to research.
Since I have been remiss (insert understatement of the year here) in writing my blog, I thought I'd make a better effort.  It's not that I don't have a lot to say, it's more that I am lacking confidence to think anyone is going to find my rather ordinary, yet extremely fulfilling life, very interesting.


HOWEVER!


Since so few people read this, then I can just write it for me!


And so I shall.




Today was a really good day, and it isn't even over yet.  Work forgot to put my Rubbermaid of papers necessary for me to complete my work into the mail-room where I pick it up, so I had an unexpected (and UNPAID!) day off.  I spent the better part of an hour steaming about it - getting nothing but... 
"My apologies"
 ...from my boss when I raised the issue via email.  


So, I decided to move on to take full advantage of the opportunity to get a jump on Christmas gift making, grocery shopping, yarn shopping (I know!) and preparing a great dinner for Dave and me which included some really good beer and a bottle of wine.  I even took the dogs for a nice autumn walk.


Keeping the heat off as long as possible has me in a big woolly mood and I've got fingerless gloves/mitts on the brain.  Both methods of cutting the sleeves off of felted sweaters as I showed here and knitting them from some soft yummy wool like these.

You can find lots of free patterns here.

Today's Best Thing Ev-va:  Going to my local yarn shop and learning I had $110 store credit to spend!  Took me all of 15 minutes to do so...
Today's Tasty Treat:  Trader Joe's grilled eggplant and zucchini.  Frozen and ready to to make into just about anything!  A little sauce, a little Parmesan and some pasta.  Yum and Done!
and Today's "SQUIRREL!!!!!" Moment: Finding a big ol' box of fabric I'd forgotten about to use for Christmas projects.  Spent almost an hour playing with it and pairing it up with things to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment